AUGUST 29, 2014 – The 12th Sangguniang Panlungsod, headed by their presiding officer, City Vice Mayor Jose Antonio S. Veloso, held its first joint session with the Sangguniang Barangay of Booy, led by Punong Barangay Eutorgio Telmo. The session was held at the Barangay Hall of Booy, this city.
This is the second out-of-city hall session conducted by the 12th Sangguniang Panlungsod, after its successful first joint and out-of-city hall session with the Sangguniang Barangay of Dampas. Joint sessions with the barangays are the best venue to hear out the concerns of the barangays and to provide possible immediate action.
Today’s session focused on the concerns of Barangay which are the following:
- Violation of Environmental laws and regulations by Kasadpan Resort or “Booy Beach”
- Unattended posts of city streetlights along major roadways in Booy
- Repair and Renovation of Kainget Beach Road
- Covering of open structures for water connection or household tapping purpose
- Traffic and road signs near schools (Holy Infant School, Booy South Elem., Booy Main and Wisdom School)
- Opening of Public Roads and Development of Existing Roads
- Declaration of Public Beaches
- Installation of Road Signage for Accident-Prone Area